Our U7 program introduces boys and girls, ages 5 – 7, to the game of basketball with emphasis on physical literacy (agility, balance, coordination, speed and general movement), basketball fundamentals (shooting, ball handling, dribbling, passing & receiving), and character development.
Coaches in the program are focused on helping to create a positive, safe and encouraging learning environment in which children can challenge each other and themselves to become better players and people.
- All programs will run in separate semesters of various durations from 8 -10 weeks.
- The Fall semester will typically start by the first week of October.
- The Winter semester will typically start on the first week of January.
- The Spring semester will typically start the first week of April.
- Players can join at the beginning of any semester and can attend any or all semesters.
- Players will be required to register and pay a separate fee for each semester.
- A maximum of 24 participants will be accepted in each age group for each session in each semester.
- Registration will be paid on first come, first served basis with full payment due at time of registration.
- Registration fees will be $140 per participant per semester.
Introduction to Basketball
This program is specifically designed for players age 5. The semester will kick off with a 1-hour Family Night to provide parents and players with a general overview of the season and an introduction to the core philosophy of the program. Family Night will include a few basic drills, emphasize the value of the fundamentals and begin to familiarize the kids (and parents) with the format of each practice. The remaining time will be an open gym for families.
Co-ed or separate boys' and girls' sessions could be offered for our Introductory Program depending on the number of registrants and available volunteer coaches.
Semesters will each run for 8 - 10 weeks, depending on gym availability, in gyms located primarily in Findlay Creek or Riverside South.
Intermediate Skill Development
This program is designed for players age 6 and 7.
Separate semesters for boys and girls will be offered.
Semesters will each run for 8 - 10 weeks, depending on gym availability, in gyms primarily located in Findlay Creek or Riverside South.
Advanced Skill Development
This program is designed for more experienced players age 6 and 7.
Semesters for will be separated by gender and structured according to the number of registrants.
Semesters will run for 8 - 10 weeks in gyms primarily located in Findlay Creek or Riverside South.