OSBA is excited to partner with Right Way Basketball to lead our Small Ball programs. OSBA and Right Way takes great care to build trusting relationships with our youngest athletes by providing an enjoyable physical, social, and mental experience.
Our Small Ball program introduces boys and girls, ages 5 – 7, to the game of basketball with emphasis on physical literacy (agility, balance, coordination, speed and general movement), basketball fundamentals (shooting, ball handling, dribbling, passing & receiving), and character development.
Coaches in the program are focused on helping to create a positive, safe and encouraging learning environment in which children can challenge each other and themselves to become better players and people.
- All programs will run in separate fall and winter semesters.
- The fall semester will typically start on the first week of October.
- The winter semester will typically start on the first week of January.
- Players can join at the beginning of either semester and can attend one or both semesters.
- Players will be required to register and pay a separate fee for each semester.
- A maximum of 20 participants will be accepted in each age group for each session in each semester.
- Registration will be paid on first come, first served basis with full payment due at time of registration.
- As an added bonus participants will receive a size 5 basketball and OSBA-branded apparel upon their first registration to a Small Ball semester each season. Only 1 bonus will be provided to each player in either the fall or winter semester.
Age 5 — Introduction
Each age 5 semester will kick off with a 1-hour Family Night to provide parents and players with a general overview of the season and an introduction to the core philosophy of the program. Family Night will include a few basic drills, emphasize the value of the fundamentals and begin to familiarize the kids (and parents) with the format of each practice. The remaining time will be an open gym for families.
Fall and Winter semester co-ed sessions will be offered.
Fall and winter semesters will each run for 10 weeks and registration fee will be $120 per semester.
Sessions will be held on Thursdays from 6:00 - 7:00 pm at Bernard Grandmaitre School on Spratt Road in Riverside South.
Age 6 / 7 - Intermediate
Separate Fall and Winter semester sessions for boys and girls will be offered.
Fall and Winter semesters will each run for 10 weeks and registration fee will be $120 per semester.
Intermediate Boys sessions will be held from 6:00 - 7:00 pm on Thursdays at Michel Dupuis school in Riverside South.
Intermediate / Advanced Girls sessions will be held from 6:00 - 7:00 pm on Wednesdays at St Jerome School in Riverside South.
Age 7 - Advanced
A Winter semester for boys and will be offered.
A Winter session combining Intermediate and advanced girls will be offered.
A separate advanced session for girls may be offered depending on the number of interested participants.
Winter semester will run for 10 weeks and registration fee will be $120.
Advanced Boys sessions will be held from 7:00 - 8:00 pm on Thursdays at Michel Dupuis School in Riverside South.