Competitive teams will be formed in the following age brackets at the beginning of each season in September.
Divisions are separated by gender and birthdate.
Separate minor and major teams in each age bracket may be formed based on registration numbers and coach availability.
All Competitive Players (U11-U19)
(grades 5 to 13)
includes reversible numbered pinney
*The number of teams in each bracket depends on registration numbers, available coaches and available gym time. Minor and Major teams may be combined to form a Major team, as required.
Competitive teams participate in games as part of the Ontario Basketball League - East (OBL-East) (formerly Eastern Ontario Basketball Association (EOBA)).
A typical season includes try-outs in September with games running from the middle of October to the middle of May (length of season depends on the age bracket).
Once formed, teams typically start the year with a pre-season tournament, will play 10-12 regular season games and will participate in an OBL-East year-end tournament. Coaches may elect to add additional games throughout the season.
Typically, competitive teams travel to at least one out-of-town tournament. Travel, meal and accommodation charges are the responsibility of players/parents.
Competitive Game Schedule
For planning purposes OBL-East games for each age bracket are scheduled on pre-assigned weekends that are announced at the beginning of the season.
Specific game times, locations and opponents will be posted as the season progresses.
- A non-refundable $25 try-out fee applies to all players interested in playing on a competitive team.
- Registration fees are due after a player is offered a spot on a team after try-outs have concluded. Installment payments can be arranged to assist with family budgeting.
- Non-refundable Try-Out Fee: $25.00
- Registration Fee: $400.
- An additional team fee of $200 - $300 will apply to all competitive players in order to cover the cost of participating in OBL-East games and to cover tournament fees. This team fee will be collected by the team treasurer and is payable to the team account.
- All players are provided with a reversible numbered pinney as part of their registration fee.
- Players may be required to purchase home and away jerseys and matching shorts.