Planning for this basketball season is proving to be very different than in previous years. At this point in the summer we would normally be getting ready to launch all of our programs in order to welcome players and coaches back onto the court in early September.
We still have many questions, but here are some things that we do know:
• We are committed to ensure that all of our activities follow the necessary public health guidelines.
• Once our season is able to commence, OSBA will be following all Ontario Basketball Guidelines for return to play. For further information OBA has also issued a FAQ
• the programming we offer and when we are able to start the season will be dependent on our access to gyms.
• when we will be able to access gyms is still unknown. We have submitted all permit applications and await approvals. It is our understanding that gyms may become available to us the first week of October.
• according to Ontario Basketball guidelines there will be very limited, if any, games before Christmas. Games will be held between January and June 2021 and will be dependent on public health advice.
• local area club Presidents will be meeting again on August 31st and we hope to give you a further update after that meeting
In order to help plan for the 2020-21 season OSBA has decided to open a no fee pre-registration. This registration will be used to gauge interest from families wishing to participate in basketball this season.
We would ask that you please take a moment to register by clicking on the applicable link listed below. NO FEES will be collected at this time. Once the duration and content of our programs are determined we will contact those that have registered and provide further information.