For insurance purposes all players must be pre-registered in order to participate in any OSBA event. On-line registration is fast and easy.
Competitive players must register and pay a $25 non-refundable fee to attend try-outs. Until released by the coach, players are expected to attend all try-out dates for their assigned age level.
Players are expected to bring a basketball, suitable gym clothing, shoes, and a water bottle to each session.
FIBA rules dictate the following size basketball for each age level:
Size 5 (27.5 inch) Basketball:
- U10 Novice Boys and Girls (grades 3 and 4)
- U11/U12 Atom Boys and Girls (grades 5 and 6)
Size 6 (28.5 inch) Basketball:
- U13/U14 Bantam Boys and Girls (grades 7 and 8)
- U15/U16 Midget Girls (grades 9 and 10)
- U17/U19 Juvenile / Junior Girls (Grades 11+)
Size 7 (29.5 inch) Basketball:
- U15/U16 Midget Boys (grades 9 and 10)
- U17/U19 Juvenile / Junior Boys (grades 11+)
Basketballs are available from our retail partner Barrhaven Source for Sports